Personal Care Worker
Personal Care Worker – Full-time
- Welcoming and supportive team
- Salary packaging benefits
- $30.11ph – $31.04ph base rate (SHADSI Award)
Are you a keen professional seeking a rewarding role supporting, advocating and contributing to the community services sector?
PRONIA, meaning “to provide”, is an established not-for-profit community services agency with a rich 50-year history servicing the needs of Victorians, including the Australian-Greek community. We advocate for the vulnerable and provide services to meet current and emerging multicultural community needs including: aged care, NDIS, early education, and family & community programs.
This is a great opportunity to combine your interest in the community sector and your commitment to enhance the lives of our community members. Working across Metropolitan Melbourne, you will be supporting the older people and connecting them to the community. You will provide home care, personal care, light domestic assistance, meal preparation, community participation, shopping and assistance with tasks of daily living.
We place a strong emphasis on professional development and ongoing training.
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding how to care for the elderly from different cultural, language and health backgrounds
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- A positive and professional attitude
- Be reliable and on time
- Current Victorian driver licence with a safe and reliable vehicle
- Undergo a police check
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate, or willingness to complete certificates before starting employment
- Greek speaking is desirable
What we offer
- Permanent full-time employment
- Award pay rate according to the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Industry Award 2010
- Travel reimbursement
- Supportive and approachable team environment
- Energetic and Supportive team environment.
- Ongoing paid training and professional development, with opportunities for career progression
- We offer exclusive benefits such as access to heavily discounted products & offers (homewares, electronics, health & fitness, leisure, and many more)
- Ongoing PPE is provided once employed
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter here:
For further information regarding this role, please contact Anna from the People and Culture team on (03) 9388 9998 or email email@example.com
PRONIA is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.Download Position Description