Family & Community Services
PRONIA provides direct services to the most disadvantaged sections of the Australian Greek community throughout metropolitan Melbourne. Direct relief services include: generalist case work, family and marital counselling, information provision (income support, social security, health settlement issues), advocacy and referral, financial assistance, consultations, community development and community education. The Family & Community Services Unit provides direct services to individual, families and groups in need offering support programs addressing the various needs of the community.
There are no fees or restrictions to accessing casework services. Access to services is by self-referral or referral by family/relatives, other services and professionals. Casework services are accessible from the head office in Brunswick (4 Days per week).
PRONIA provides the following programs for disadvantaged individuals and families:
- Generalist Casework
- Counselling Services
- Family Violence & Elder Abuse casework
- Support group & skills development programs
- Greek Cardiac Programs (Brunswick & Oakleigh)
- Community Partners Project
- Greek Legal Information & Referral Service
- Migration Agent Information & Referral Service
- Emergency Relief & Crisis Intervention
- Community Education
- Local Community Health & Active Living Projects
- Cross Cultural Training