- Full time, rewarding and diverse position
- Welcoming and supportive team
- $36.00ph – $44.68ph base rate (SCHADSI Award)
Are you a keen professional seeking a rewarding role supporting, advocating and contributing to the community services sector?
PRONIA, meaning, “to provide”, is an established community services agency with a rich 50-year history servicing the needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including the Australian-Greek community. We advocate for people in need and provide innovative services to meet current and emerging multicultural community needs including aged care, NDIS, early education, and family & community programs.
This is a great opportunity to combine your expertise in the community sector and your commitment to enhance the lives of our community members. The position aims to enhance individual outcomes and build capacity within the community. Reporting to the Clients and Community Service Coordinator and working across our Brunswick and Oakleigh offices, we are looking for a passionate professional to provide direct one to one response, group work and community work.
- Provide generic casework support to community members on issues such as relationships, ageing, health and wellbeing, family violence, accommodation, entitlements and services, etc., including crisis support.
- Support and advocate for people with ageing care needs and their carers and families to access relevant information, services and programs at local, state and commonwealth levels.
- Advocate, liaise and consult with external health and welfare providers to achieve client outcome, enhance access to services and to increase resource allocation.
- Facilitate Greek-speaking health rehabilitation and/or social connections groups with the support of another group facilitator.
- Establish opportunities for the community to be informed and to raise their awareness on important health, social, legal and wellbeing issues.
- Support community groups to access information and relevant services to identify and meet the needs of their members.
- Maintain service relevance through the regular review of services through consumer feedback and communication with partner organizations.
- Undertake activities as required aimed to promote the organisation and enhance service delivery to the wider community.
To be suitable for this position you must have:
- Suitable tertiary qualifications in Health, Welfare or Human Services Field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the social welfare field.
- Fluency in the Greek and English language.
- Awareness of the needs of CALD communities.
- Capacity to use initiative and work independently.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and access to own vehicle.
- National police record check clearance.
- Working with children check.
What we offer:
- Energetic and Supportive team environment.
- Professional development and capacity building opportunities.
- Award pay rate according to the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Range: $36.00ph – $44.68ph) depending on qualifications and experience.
- Salary packaging (benefit from free tax earnings up to an annual cap amount of $18,550).
- Exclusive access to heavily discounted products and offers (homewares, electronics, health & fitness, leisure, and many more).
- Access to EAP.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding this role, please contact Eddy Appasamy from the People and Culture team on (03) 9388 9998 or email email@example.com
Applications close 13 October 2023.
PRONIA is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.Download Position Description