'MAZI' Palliative Care Project
The “mazi” project is a Palliative Care community education program funded for three years by the Department of Health and Human Services.
“mazi” aims to:
- Inform the Greek community about Palliative Care, especially carers of people who live with a chronic, life-limiting illness.
- Raise awareness of issues related to the experience of death and normalise this concept as an important part of life.
- Improve the quality of life of carers and loved ones living with incurable or chronic diseases
- Inform and present to other organisations and professionals about the importance of this program and our course of actions.
- Facilitate peer support groups for carers of people living with chronic, life-limiting illnesses in three geographical areas: Brunswick, Clayton and West Sunshine
- Offer individualised counselling services for carers
- Set up an annual carers retreat in the outskirts of Melbourne to enhance the carers’ wellbeing and stamina
- Facilitate community education for professionals and other organisations