Services for Families and Couples
Most people at some stage in their lives may be faced with difficulties which may effectively be dealt with by talking to a professional and experienced Counsellor, who can assist in developing strategies and ways of dealing with personal and relationship/family issues.
PRONIA offers help and support in order to deal effectively with many personal issues and challenges that may affect your quality of life. This service employs qualified, bilingual/bicultural professionals with diverse experience in the areas of information provision, education, training, one-on-one and group work, counselling advocacy and referral for linkage and uptake of various support services. The service operates in the Northern and Southern regions. (Brunswick & Oakleigh)
The service includes:
- Personal, one-on-one counselling by a qualified Family Counsellor
- Couples or family/group counselling
- Information, education, training and peer support for parents by qualified educators
- Therapeutic sessions
- Information sessions, seminars, workshops, forums and community education
- Relationship enhancement and maintenance through improved communication and conflict resolution
- Support, advocacy and referral to other specialised services
Main areas in which the service focuses upon:
- Relationships and family problems and conflict
- Adapting to personal or family/ relationship changes
- Child rearing and behaviour issues
- Loss and Grief
- Family Violence and abuse
- Mental health issues impacting the quality of life as well as the personal and family relationships such as depression, anxiety and panic attacks
- Separation, divorce, and parenting issues
This is a professional, confidential, support service offered to clients, and includes referrals to specialised services where required.
For further information and to make an appointment call PRONIA on (03) 9388 9998
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.