Community Education & Training
PRONIA delivers community education and training activities in the Greek and broader community improving the quality of life and wellbeing of individuals and building the capacity of individuals to make informed decisions about their health and aged care needs. Community education initiatives improve the health literacy of individuals, raises awareness of important health and aged care matters and increases access to local support services.
PRONIA has community educators who are trained and experienced in the delivery of information seminars to groups and the facilitation of workshops in the following areas:
- Dementia: improving knowledge of dementia and it impacts on daily life and in particular addressing the needs of carers through education and skill development
- Palliative Care: understanding the importance of palliative care in providing relief from the symptoms of a serious illness and improving the quality of life of the individual and the family
- Aged Care: raising awareness of the various health and aged care issues impacting the elderly and their carers and providing access to information and resources
- Health and wellbeing: providing health information to create a healthier lifestyle and improve the navigation of the healthcare systems
- Elder Abuse: understanding relationships and identifying signs of abuse and neglect and their impact on the physical and emotional wellbeing of individuals and encouraging access to relevant support services
- Problem Gambling: supporting Greek seniors groups to understand impacts of gambling on community and to assist groups to plan alternative social and recreational activities for their members
PRONIA also delivers community education through a weekly 3XY radio program which focuses on the many health and welfare issues that impact the Greek community. The different service areas promote their programs and upcoming activities as well as providing information on health, aged care and disability, family and children’s matters and broader social issues.