CALD LGBTIQA Sensitive Practice Workshop
Pronia's CALD LGBTIQA Sensitive Practice Workshop Staff training was developed with Drummond Street Services for organizations working with CALD clients to develop and enhance inclusive LGBTIQA+ sensitive practice.
The training addresses the mental health impact of discrimination and homophobia for CALD LGBTIQA+ individuals and their families.
- Address disrcimination and homophobia in CALD communities.
- Equip workers to understand the Aged Care Act & Equal Opportunity Act and support/advocate for their LGBTIQA+ clients and families.
- Explore individual culture and sexual diversity.
- Understand LGBTIQA+ inclusive practice and person-centred care.
- Recognize equality, equity and justice in your practice.
- Consider health effects of discrimination on LGBTIQA+ individuals and families.
- Identify strategies to support the whole family of LGBTIQA+ people.
Date: We currently have two dates planned for this workshop
1. 26th September 2019
2. 28th November 2019
Duration: The session wll run for 2 hours
Cost: $170.00 per person
(For up to 15 staff, the cost is $450.00 and $600.00 up to 30 staff. More than 30 staff the cost can be negotiated.)
If you’d like to register for the event, please complete this form:
If you have any queries or would like to discuss further, please contact Mary Sophou, Manager Family and Community Services on (03) 9388 9998.
The CALD LGBTIQA Sensitive practice session can also be delivered at your workplace. To arrange, please contact us for more details.
When: Thursday 26 September, 2019
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Location: 7 Union Street, Brunswick 3056